[Step 1 of 4...This post is part of our series, "A Guide to Finding the Right International Health Insurance Plans".]
International health insurance plans provide comprehensive health care coverage for individuals and families who are expats, international citizens, career missionaries and volunteers, and are generally living outside of their home country for six months or longer.
Coverage within international health insurance plans should include standard and optional benefits, such as:
- Inpatient hospital care
- Outpatient care
- Preventive Care and Wellness
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
- Dental & Vision (generally optional add-ons)
- Global Coverage & Provider Networks
- Optional coverage in your home/origin country
- Direct payment options at an in-network provider
- Renewable each year until you determine an end/termination date
Need assistance? For more information on international expat health insurance and our partner carriers, or to get a quote and work with a licensed Wanderwell advisor/agent, please visit Wanderwell at https://gowanderwell.com/global-citizen-plans.
Quick Links - A Guide to Finding the Right International Health Insurance Plans
Step 1. What is International Health Insurance?